Our little dream has officially snowballed into a reality.
We passed our initial funding goal for "Woolies for the Winter" yesterday with a whole 6 days left to go. And there is no slowing down; in fact, momentum is building.
The last 24 days have been a flurry of energy, thanks to you all.
- Within the first 48 hours of Wandeling’s public release, we received over a dozen emails from women writers and illustrators interested in partnering with us.
- We had arrived at 20% of our funding in the first 12 hours.
- A week ago, Our alma mater joined in the fun, then teachers, professors, mentors, and then complete strangers.
- A total of 166 Friends, and family, and family of our friends and friends of our families have come around to launch us.
- Even Kickstarter has caught our vision. Two days ago we were named THEIR STAFF PICK in the publishing category.
- Yesterday we reached our initial funding goal, leaving us a whole six days to press beyond it.
If you are interested in helping us farther along the way, what can you do to help us in the next six days?
- Visit our Kickstarter Project and watch our video.
- Share our project link with those you know, particularly in the children’s literary world. Please do mention our project as a Kickstarter staff pick in publishing.
- Introduce book-loving and book-writing friends to our website.
- Check out how we are currently encouraging collaboration in the creative work among young female writers and artists.
- If you are intrigued by what you see, consider backing our project or recommend a copy of Woolies for the Winter as a Christmas gift for you and your family. Laura is even making a print-out your can use as a stocking stuffer to announce the gift (since it won’t arrive until the real dead of winter, February).
We want to invite you in to the fun and the fray. It is not too late.
How much further shall we wandel on this, our first adventure? How far can we go?
Further in, for sure.